Wednesday, March 20, 2024

My first event of the year

 

On Sunday, March 17th, I had my first event of 2024.  Because the Easter Bunny was going to be there, I bought a little game (the inflatable rabbit, which is a ring toss) and if the person got a ring on an ear then they could pick an Easter egg filled with candy.  I bought the eggs prefilled so I didn't worry about contamination of any kind.  I guess unless the candy came bad?!   I do worry about food item giveaways, but it all went well.

I also had my standard bookmarks and buttons to give away.  Some new ones featuring my new books.  The raccoons were popular!

For a first event of the year, it went pretty well, but I was a bit disappointed in the organizer.  There wasn't a huge variety of vendors and the vendors that were similar were near each other, also there didn't appear to be much in the way of advertising  - there were a few people that mentioned they hadn't known anything about it until "a friend mentioned it".   Of course, you aren't going to reach everyone, but the crowd was very small.  There wasn't anyone to speak of  most of the morning, which really didn't surprise me since it was a Sunday morning, i.e church time.   We did have some in the afternoon, but again, never very crowded at all.

It was a good event to get my feet wet again and I am anxiously awaiting my next event!  It's Friday, April 12th at an author event in Durand.  It should be fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment