Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Banging my Head Against the Wall

 


I took the week off - it is spring break so I figured I could relax and spend some time with my kids and maybe get some work done regarding my books.   Not writing new books, but work on the marketing aspect.   I can't do it.  I've tried.  I've been banging my head against a wall so much it is numb and void of any ideas.

I worked on the A+ Content that Amazon offers, and maybe it will help, but how?   See!  I'm starting to question myself.  I just feel like I have tried so many different things, that I am not sure what the next step should be.

While I was scanning the net for ideas, I ran across Schuler Books self-publishing information.  I gave it a once over since I'd love to publish with someone who can get my books into catalogs that booksellers and libraries use for purchasing.  But quite frankly, it is a bit more costly than I can afford.   With that said, I did find another option offered by Schuler, their Consignment Program.  This could be something.

I read through the information and it sounds like a fairly straight forward deal.  I don't have a great number of any one of my books at the moment, so I am going to have to order some and then approach the bookstore.   If they aren't interested, there are others around here.  Maybe that's my next step - approaching bookstores.  The thought makes my stomach flip!



No comments:

Post a Comment