Monday, February 5, 2024

What books to choose?

It is time to start booking local author events and craft shows.  I want to have have a good inventory with me.  The problem comes when attempting to choose what books I should bring or of my 50- some titles! 

First, I try to keep in mind what books actually have sold in person.  They tend to be the everything but the Bingo books.  To this day people are still confused and believe they are books based on the game (B-63) but no... they are based on the song and I have yet to come up with a clever way to get that word out!  I think I need to go through and rename them "a Bingo Song"  LOL  oh, that would be a lot of work.

The second thing I consider is the top selling list on Amazon KDP.  There is a report which will tell you in order what items are selling.  I want to be sure to include a couple of the titles at the top.

The last thing I consider is the time of year.  For spring events, I want spring type books like Eat what Bugs You and Bunny.  Then possibly other books that have spring type pictures like Over in the Outback and Gnome or at least feature the great outdoors in greenery glory. 

I just placed my order and the books should arrive next week, well in time for my first event.  Time will tell if I selected wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment