Saturday, October 21, 2023

And Bingo is a Book-o

 

My daughter and I were at the Potterville Holiday Craft Show today and it was an awesome day!   She wore her fox hat that attracted a lot of attention, as did her sketching.  And she was marvelous with the public!  She has a real knack for talking with people.   And did I mention how organized she is?  She started a list for sales before I even thought of it.

Like I said, it was an awesome day - we did sell 17 books which is an all time high - but I left with a nagging problem to solve which has been puzzling me:  people do not understand what "A Bingo Book" means.  Side note, I also need to remember scissors and tape next time.

In any case, back to the Bingo books!  Since I have been singing these songs in storytimes for quite some time, the words "A Bingo Book" immediately bring to mind singing a song to the tune of Bingo...

"There was a farmer who had a dog and Bingo was his name-o"

You know, that tune.  Any five letter word can be made into a Bingo song... BUT what has finally sunk into my head is that people see "A Bingo Book" and think the book has something to do with the game, you know B - 22 or G - 63, etc.

I can totally understand the confusion.  I mean really, how would a book work based on the popular game? So tell me, how can I convey to people that the books are variations of the Bingo TUNE, not the Bingo GAME when I am not standing there in front of them explaining it?

One idea we came up with at home is to go through all of the covers and remove "A Bingo Book".  I cannot alter the titles on Amazon, but at least the covers, which is what people notice first, may be more inviting.

Another idea is to come up with some marketing ideas for ads, however I have noticed that my sales have nothing to do with current advertising.  There is no correlation.   Amazon does offer the ability to include information on the book page though so I think if I can come up with something succinct that I can put on the Bingo Book pages, that might help.  

Any other ideas would be welcome!   I really love the books and kids enjoy them when they read them or hear them, it is a matter of getting them into their hands! #marketinghelp #selfpublishing

No comments:

Post a Comment