Friday, September 29, 2023

My First Author Visit

Oh My!   This Saturday I will be doing my first author visit ... at my own library!   This is very weird for me, and exciting too!  Weird because I want to do a storytime using my materials but I do storytimes every week.  It will need to be different!   Exciting because I get to be Cassie, not Ms. Cassie, for a program and talk to adults about why I have published my books.

I have been a bit nervous about the program to be honest.  I want to make sure it is different yet still entertaining and informative.  I always want to make sure I have a good supply of giveaways handy because who doesn't like a free thing?

Whether I am right or wrong, these are the things I am keeping in mind while planning out my program:

1.  Have a plan A and a plan B - you have to be flexible when doing programs and go with the way the crowd is flowing

2.  Read your book!   Yes, this seems like a no-brainer, but really, some authors are shy.  You really need to read your book to the kiddos and their grown ups though!  

3.  Get some questions ready for the kids OR have an activity planned that you can do together.  For illustrators, you can draw a picture with the help of the kids.  For me, I'm going to work with them on songs.  Kids have the best ideas; it is sure to be fun!

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!  You always remember your first, right?  Well I want to look back at this event with a huge smile on my face!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment