Sunday, August 4, 2024

Island Art Fair at the Ledges in Grand Ledge

 

Oh my goodness you guys, these dog days of summer have really been getting to me.   Especially yesterday!  The temp was 90 with high humidity and I had an outdoor craft fair!  I bought a little battery operated fan and my husband gave me a "neck fan".  Together they helped me get through the 10-5 day.

It really was a fun day.  The Island Art Fair at the Ledges in Grand Ledge has been going over 50 years and has quite the following.  We were very busy right up until about 2pm and then it really died down. I think with the heat, people came out in the morning and then found someplace cool to go in the heat of the afternoon.  Can't blame them.

I really did want to hike the Ledges after the fair, but had no strength.  I swear I sweated off about 5 pounds LOL  Ok, maybe not, but it seemed like it and all I could think about was jumping into the shower.  

OH!  I did try something new yesterday.... Five Little Hot Dogs continues to be my most popular title, and I just released How to Dress a Dog, so in their honor, I attempted to make balloon dogs.   Kids could spot those dogs from 50 feet away! They wanted one , wanted to watch me make one and wanted to try themselves.  It was a great way to strike up conversations.   What freebies or gimmicks have you tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment