Tuesday, May 21, 2024

You never know when a conversation will blossom

Monday after storytime the adults usually talk while the kids play.  I was picking things up a bit and when to grab a familiar book off the floor when an adult said "oh I'm sorry, I'll grab our books".  That started our conversation.  I mentioned with a smile how it was a good book they had picked out when the adult jumped in and went on and on how the child loved it and how she loves the tune and any books written to to that familiar tune and I thinking "she has no idea I am the author".

I absolutely loved receiving unsolicited feedback.  It was both helpful and heart-warming.  As our conversation was ending I said with a laugh "you know this name here, that's my name - I'm the author,  Thank you so much for your feedback on my books" and her eyes got so big!  And another conversation started!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment