Monday, May 20, 2024

Library event weekend

 

This weekend had me hopping and it was a blast!  Saturday I was at the Northville Public Library Local Author Fair.  It was held in their community center and we had a decent crowd.  The staff was wonderful and helpful and it was a pleasure to meet the other authors and have the opportunity to talk with community members about my books and the importance of early literacy development.

On Sunday I headed out to Brighton Public Library for their Local Author Showcase.  There were fewer authors but we were right in the library, and what a beautiful library it is with a wonderful children's garden.   There was an author from Saturday there and we were near each other so we had a good chat.  It is so helpful to meet and talk with other authors and learn from each other's experiences, especially when self-publishing.   The organizer is an author as well and was a pleasure to chat with!  

All in all it was a fabulous weekend and I hope I get to visit both libraries again soon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment