Saturday, May 11, 2024

Had a visit from mom the other day

 This has taken me a couple of days to write.   I was doing school visits this week.  Visited 6 preschool classes, some of them ECSE,  to read a story and tell them about summer reading.  Everything was going well.  The fourth class in I had just finished the story when a boy sitting in front of me points next to me and says "your mom is there".  I asked him to say that again and he repeated "your mom is there".  A girl in the class said "you mean baby!  The baby on the book"  (a book on the chalk board ledge behind me)  The boy said a definite "no" and repeated again, in fact twice "Your mom.  Your mom is there".

I was dazed and shook and feeling blessed, all at once.   Mom was a special education teacher.  She passed away 3 years ago.  I'd like to think that little boy was right and mom was there with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment