Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Old Chamberlain Home for Sale in Dexter

 

I don't write much regarding my book about my grandpa, and it was the push that started this whole adventure.  I received a phone call the other night and it was from the current owner of the house my grandpa designed for his mom and he and his brother's had built.  It is a gorgeous home that used to sit on 400 acres, though now it is only 5.   Still a nice chunk of land in that part of the state.

The owners have taken great care of the house and the land and have even tapped the trees to make syrup. (they gave me a bottle and it tastes great!).  I would love to be able to buy it, but it is far out of our price range.  It's nice to dream though.  I have spread the word, so who knows, maybe another family member will decide to go back to the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment