Sunday, March 10, 2024

The problem with vendor events

 

My first event of the year is coming up in one week and I'm a nervous wreck.  This particular event planner hasn't been very communicative.  Like nothing.  I did the application form, paid my fee received the automatic form confirmations and then crickets.    

Last week I reached out.  Yes, that's a bit late I know, but I have this huge problem of not wanting to bother anyone, so last week I messaged via the Facebook page and sent a form message through their website.  They responded to my comment on Facebook that they would be sending a map at the end of the week.  It's now Sunday and nothing.  Crickets loudly chirping in my ears.

I waited until yesterday and posted a general message in a Facebook vendor group if anyone else has registered and asked if they had heard anything.  Well, I am not the only one.  That's only slightly comforting.    I guess this is the risk you take.  So much can be faked online nowadays.  I do believe they are a real group, but they are awful at event planning.  Communication is key.  Fingers crossed next Sunday goes well.  It just stinks to start off the year this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment