Saturday, January 20, 2024

Submitting Books to Publishers

 Today was "free submission day" at Rocket Bird Books, a UK publisher based in London.  I debated for about 30 seconds and then went to work getting the allotted three works ready.   30 seconds?  Maybe 20.

I wanted to send pdfs which show the illustrations and layout ideas, but that isn't my area of expertise.  Besides, they had a 10MB limit per file and no matter what I tried, I could not get the pdfs below 20MB, so I prepared plain old Word documents.   I haven't submitted any works in a very long time, and I was preparing the items while getting ready to head out with my husband; not really an ideal work time.  The noticed popped up today in my feed, otherwise I would have been working on this for days in preparation!

I really have very little hope of anything coming of this, but it never hurts to give it a good try!  I think of it as getting my feet wet.  It would be absolutely wonderful to have a publisher interested in my books and ideas, but I'm realistic - there are so many great authors out there with awesome ideas.  The competition is tough!

Keep trying!



No comments:

Post a Comment