Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Advertising your self-published book

 

Ho! Ho! Ho!  It is the time of year when ads start hitting us from left, right and center!  And if you are self-published, you should be thinking about advertising as well.

I have tried advertising through Amazon KDP using their options under the Marketing section with limited success.  I mean REAL limited.  But I have to admit I did not put a lot of money into it (Amazon Ads).  To be frank, I didn't understand how it worked.  I looked at videos and still it was all so hypothetical and I just couldn't take a big risk.

So... I stuck to creating images like the one shown here and posting to my social media accounts.  Going by sales, they haven't worked at all.   Seriously, I am selling books, but never the ones I am advertising!

What is a person to do?

Try Amazon Ads again.  I know - I haven't had luck before, but I'm going to try a very limited run to see what happens and I can always stop it at anytime.  I'll be focusing on my Halloween book Candy : A Bingo Book this weekend and then in November I will be featuring my two Christmas titles, Santa : A Bingo Book and Five Rowdy Reindeer.  We shall see what happens.  Meanwhile, I'll still make my image ads.  I find it relaxing and they are free :) 


UPDATE:   I ran the Amazon Ad from October 26-31 and had about 3000 Impressions with one click that cost me .46 cents. and no purchases  *sigh*  I think the cover is good.  We shall see how the Christmas books go!

No comments:

Post a Comment