Thursday, August 3, 2023

Grand Ledge Island Art Fair 2023

 


Well, I have survived my second author event.   My friend Ed signed up for the Grand Ledge Island Art Fair and invited me to tag along.  It was the 50th anniversary of the art fair and sure to draw a crowd.  As the rain came down that morning and I struggled to keep my books dry I really wondered if anyone would be coming by!

Thankfully Mother Nature got the rain out of her
system and we were blessed with the most beautiful day!  I sold 14 books and this time kept a list of them so I could analyze what sold.   Honestly I don't see a pattern or anything.  I think when it comes to sing-able picture books, it is whatever strikes a person's fancy when they are going through the bins!

The one thing that I learned this time around is that I really need to have business cards!  I have a printed sheet that has all the info, but no one wants to carry around an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper.   This crowd told me as much and the feedback was appreciated and heard!   I'm looking into designing some and getting them printed now.

Next event is August 18th at the Pinckney Food Truck Fridays.  I can't wait!  I will be in my hometown right in front of my childhood home!   Yes, there is a story there and it is coming in a future post here!  Be on the lookout!

No comments:

Post a Comment