Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Reality with Amazon KDP

 


I am not ashamed to share this at all.  Yes, I have only sold 119 books to date and I am damn proud of that!  I think it is a miracle!   I have had NO marketing budget.  My marketing has consisted of late nights on my computer emailing a ton of libraries, of posting ads on my Facebook and Instagram sites and of making videos on TikTok.   

I did try Amazon ads once for a week and saw no increase in sales.   

My big jump in September is when my books became available in Barnes & Noble.  The next jump is because my library ordered a copy of every book I published for the Local History department.  So far in November I have only seen a couple of sales.  

I am NOT disappointed.  

Having my books in libraries means people can check them out and maybe enjoy them!  I say maybe because it is possible they will check them out and not like them.  In that case, I am glad they didn't waste their money buying one!  

It has been slow going this year, but it's been upward and I feel blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment