Saturday, September 3, 2022

Kindle Editions of Picture Books

Going the Amazon KDP route for publishing my children's book titles has been great, except when it comes to Kindle books!  I have really struggled making Kindle friendly versions.  

When publishing my adult title about my grandfather I didn't have as big of a problem however even though there were an awful lot of photos, there was more text than pictures.  I think the main issue with the picture books is that they are so heavily illustrated and the conversion programs don't like that.

What I realized is that I have been doing it all wrong.  Well, not wrong - I have been getting ebooks out there - but they have been taking a lot of time and never just "right".   Doing the tiniest bit of poking around, found that Amazon has a page with downloads focused on publishing for kids!  How to publish your children's books cover illustrated picture books through YA.   

I haven't tried it yet, but that's my big planned dive-in for the weekend.  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment